2.05.2009

A-Wear-ness

Been fidgeting around w/ the term "tech-style" as if it's yet another one of those rhetorically anomalous implanted concepts in response to whatever could be assumed by the general public. But of course, if I'm going to please myself w/ some exquisite title, it may be fundamental to define my version.

This is because the so-called "techy" in regards to the "-style" is a personal endeavor of a trait which I'm honored to explore. There is a purposeful marriage between the two terms and the term textile has everything to do with one who's enamoured by the technology of fashion.
Now I am not speaking of the gadgets and bots and self-ironing linen bedsheets nor the pants that can turn into a motorbike. To me, that is a version of the "future" that is doubtlessly associated with nerdy childish intellects who enjoy creating their toys as an act of play. A very mature kind of lego or knex game.

Who is the tech-style construction artist? This is the individual who is highly regarded not necessarilly for holding a prestigious place in the scientifically-motivated design fields. Creativity is a mechanical indulgence for not only the androids of our generation. In fact, creativity belongs to nobody because it's simply a collective of potential in every single area of life. Most of us don't realize that this includes what is most direct and tangibly immediate in our individual lives. As an innovator, I'm not going to continually jump hurdles in a lab coat when there is a realization as obvious as the moment just beyond the tip of my nose.

That moment is the one that anticipates my arrival with such evident entirity, I would be the common fool to disregard it's devotion to me as my fateful frame of existence. So why do we scuttle over this obstacle course so ungracefully only to achieve something so 'out of the box' that it cannot even pass as conceptual genius but rather just another one of those useless but brilliant reactons to an otherwise bland world?
I hope someone figures it out because although I have no problem with experiments and my the keyless entry to my car, I knew I was forgetting something when I was stripped of that creative freedom and had to confront something very constrained with the only tools of my brain and heart's desire.

But this is called innovation. It is evolution. The two are mutually interchangeable in regards to cause and effect. We innovate because of our insticts to evolve. We evolve because we have innovated.

We are humans. All humans are creators. Many of us lost this faith quite long ago. We look away, look far away from ourselves to toss our faithful cries to the heavens which answer to us with indifference. But it is only indifference because our expectations have changed and no longer align with the great beyond since it is being sought after in the first place. The great beyond is here. It is in ourselves, it is deeply resonant in all individuals and there is no extraneous key, rule, or book to unlock or decipher. The faith requires no rules of morality, no rules of love nor hate. It does not emulate fear and greed behind a pretense of security and promise for eternally clear virgin skies or clear virgin adolescent girls. This is a faith that does not ask anything of anyone. In that, it is the most unselfish of any religion or faith of the world. But when I tell you what is the faith I speak of which is so promising and generous and puts a smirk on all other faiths that humans have adapted over the years, you might just chuckle. Because, as you've probably guessed, I'm speaking of the faith in the self and the one creator you can and should worship, respect, look forward to, devote to--is none other than your own self.

Comparatively speaking, I'm in no heed to dodge and jump over my obstacles just so I can present an action in elegance. What's there to gain if the elegance has little substance and more importantly, even littler "me"-substance? The act of creating is everything to the creator. It is the stimulation, the copulation, the integration of all the euphorias that take place in the process. To me, it is the point of generating an embrace between constraints and innovation. So that is why my obstacle is not to be ignored, for it is not even an obstacle in the first place. This is the point of penetration. This is realization that the obstacle is THE key opportunity to produce something exquisite. I am one who invents, hence I am a technological creator. But I am certain that invention is birthed from the vision that is seen by all, applied by few. It is the same picture that we have all been looking at; the hurdle that I was instructed to jump over in a race to become the "best". But I think that the winner will be empty handed. Which in turn entitles him/her to be a loser. This is because the more you disregard on your way to the destination, the more you've lost in the process. And if the process itself provided all the gains necessary to win the race, the obstacle course is the project, it is the opportunity course, it is everything that is implanted in our direct environment.

And that is the story behind my reason and devotion to a single textile that every single one of us has touched, owned, cried in, been rained on, had our first kiss in, have grown in, have grown out of, spilled ketchup on, worn on our first day, last day, 3 days in a row, at the game, in the plane, in the snow, in the sun, and so on.. I don't need to ask for a story, because it is something I breathe (literally notice this when I blow my nose) and portrays my intimacy in itself as well as defines all the relationships around me.

-----

On another note, I am indebted to these people for entering my life and changing it for the better and best:

S^2A, MY CREATORS: THANKYOU FOR DEVOTING YOURSELF TO A FAITH SOLELY BASED ON THE POWER OF YOUR SELVES AND THE LOVE FOR YOUR CHILDREN. THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS SUPPORTING ME AND BELIEVING IN ME. YOU HAD TO FIGHT TO RECONSTRUCT YOUR DESTINY W/ YOUR RAW HANDS AND I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL THAT YOU GRANT ME FREEDOM TO CONSTRUCT MINE WITH MY RAW HANDS. M: I LOVE YOU AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND ALTHOUGH WE LIVE IN DIFFERENT PATHS OF LIFE. BUT TIME WILL ALLOW YOU TO "LIVE IT UP" IN HIGHSCHOOL, WORK HARD IN COLLEGE AND PERHAPS YOU CAN STOP BY AND WE'LL EAT SOME PARMASO BOOGIES 2GETHER IN THE SAME PATH.

TK, MASTER NINJA #2: THANKYOU. YOUR GENEROUS GUIDANCE AND SUPPORT/ENCOURAGEMENT IS AN ACT OF KINDNESS BEYOND WORDS. IT IS AN HONOR TO ACCEPT ALL THAT YOU OFFER.INCLUDING YOUR SILENT BUT ENORMOUSLY AMIABLE AURA. A TALENTED AND PROFESSIONALLY DEVOTED BUSINESSMAN, YET ONE WHO HAS THE SANITY AND INTEREST TO BELIEVE IN A ROOKIE LIKE ME.

DC, NPOPARTNER IN CRIME: THANKYOU FOR BEING MY ALTER EGO AND RELEASING A BEAST OF CREATIVITY IN ME EVERYTIME WE INTERACT EVEN IF IT'S JUST A BUNCH OF WIDE-EYED GRINNING IN AGREEMENT OF A MILLION BRILLIANCIES.

DY: FOR FEEDING MY LOVE AND FRENZY BY PROVIDING ME WITH ALL THE RESOURCES NECESSARY FOR A MAD SCIENTIST OF OUR SPECIALITY.

TS: FOR KNOWING ALL AND ME SO WELL AND READING MY MIND/ENCOURAGING MY CRAZE BY DEVOTING YOUR TIME AND INTELLECT TO MY CAUSE

BW, MASTER NINJA #1: THANKYOU. LA'S BEST KEPT SECRET. INSPIRING DESIGNER. YOU BELIEVE IN HUMANITY'S POTENTIAL SOLELY ON THE BASIS OF MERIT; POTENTIAL AS AN EQUAL ELEMENT IN ALL INDIVIDUALS. YOU HAVE AN EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY TO TRUST AND CONNECT W/ARTISTS OF ANY & ALL BACKGROUNDS, PROVING THE FUNDAMENTAL ACT OF CREATING AS THE ONE THAT UNITES US ALL.

CO: THANKYOU FOR INVOLVING YOUR EXCITEMENT FOR ME/DC IN THE FORM OF PILES UPON PILES OF PAPERWORK W/ RELATED PARAPHERNALIA THAT IS NECESSARY TO ACQUIRE A PROFESSIONAL PRESENSE IN THE INDUSTRY.

NR: I AM HONORED TO BE AN EXCEPTIONAL PUPIL UNDER YOUR GUIDANCE AS YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST HIGHLY REGARDED DIVAS OF THE INDUSTRY. WHAT ASTOUNDS ME IS THAT YOU'RE A TRUE ARTIST, IN ALL YOUR ELEGANCE AND HAUTE GAIT, THERE IS A KIND AND ENCOURAGING MENTOR WHOSE WISDOM SPEAKS IN MANNER O F DEVOTION TO YOUR STUDENTS.

GR: YOU'RE ONE OF THE CLOSEST INDIVIDUALS TO ME HERE AND I THINK YOU HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW MUCH OUR CONVERSATONS AS WELL AS YOUR THOUGHTS AND KNOWLEDGE INSPIRE ME. YOU ARE STILL GOING TO BE THE FIRST CHOICE MODEL FOR THE DEBUT OF MINE+DC INITIAL COLLECTION.

Johnny+Ida: THANK YOU FOR INSPIRING ME AND DEFINING A PART OF ME THAT I NEVER KNEW HAD POTENTIAL TO GROW INTO THE SOPHISTICATEDLY CRYPTIC FUSION OF MUSICAL COMPOSITION + GARMENT COMPOSITION.